Just in time for his special appearance at New York Comic Con, our long-awaited Yusei Matsui episode has finally arrived! This week your titular mavericks, Colton and Sid, are joined by the unofficial translator of the Gintama manga Bomber D Rufi as we go over Yusei Matsui’s career and major works, from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro to Assassination Classroom and everything in between! No news this week folks, we jump right into the discussion and talk about how much we love Matsui’s manga for a solid two and a half hours! Going over how creative an artist he is to common themes between his works, we had a blast discussing one our favorite mangaka and two of our favorite series and we hope you guys have just as much fun listening!
00:20 – Introducing Bomber D Rufi
5:24 – Assassination Classroom’s Success & Controversy
10:00 – Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Discussion
1:11:00 – Rikon Choutei & Tokyo Depato Sensou Taikenki Discussion
1:24:30 – Assassination Classroom Discussion
1:52:15 – Final Thoughts on Yusei Matsui’s Works
2:05:15 – Where to Find Yusei Matsui at NYCC 2016 and Other Events
2:13:08 – Wrap-Up
Enjoy the show, and follow us on twitter at @sniperking323 and @lumranmayasha and Bomber D Rufi at @kiirobon. If there’s something you want to ask that’s too big to tweet, or suggestions on other mangaka and series you’d like to see us discuss, drop us a line in the comments below, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks for listening!
- Viz Media NYCC Guide!
- More details on Yusei Matsui’s appearances at NYCC and other events on the Shonen Jump Podcast!
- Read free chapters of Assassination Classroom on Viz.com!
- Assassination Classroom Digital Manga Sale on Viz.com & comiXology!
- Insight into Assassination Classroom‘s Cover Designs!
- Further Reading: Assassination Classroom and the Chushingura
- Read Bomber’s Translations on the Third League Heroes tumblr!