Hello again. I hope everyone liked last weeks article on Lewis LaRosa. And hopefully, he got a chance to check it out. This week, it’s time for a Something Valiant twist. Instead of having a Top 10 or Top 5 list from a famous writer or artist, I will list MY Top Valiant VH1 moments (why do I get the feeling that this website just lost all of my readers? All 5 of them). I don’t write (obviously) or create art (unless you count stick men), but I do read (and thank goodness I do, since I’m still waiting on writers and artists to write me back with their lists…lol). Here we go with baring my Valiant soul:
1. X-O Manowar Series. That’s what got me started reading Valiant. He is still my favorite character to this day (minus the Acclaim stories).
2. Chromium Covers. I loved them all, but that Ninjak cover was my favorite. I never saw them as a gimmick, I just saw them as cool, even beautiful. Plus, I loved the stories inside everyone of them.
3. Gold Covers. I never saw any back in the day, and if I had, I wouldn’t had been able to afford them anyway. I received my first ones starting last year and I can’t get enough of them.
4. Unity Maxi-Series. While I was playing catchup on early issues, the Unity series made me want them more.
5. Bloodshot Series. For me, he was like a science fiction, gun toting, cowboy. What’s not to like?
6. Ninjak Series. My Valiant James Bond, but cooler.
7. Eternal Warrior Series. His stories where always interesting, be it past, present, or future.
8. Shadowman Series. Something different, something jazzy, Something Valiant 😉
9. Master Darque. My second favorite villain of all-time, right behind the Joker and just ahead of the current Immortal Enemy (from The Valiant).
10. Coupons. What a great idea. To cut or not to cut? That is the question. We all want that rare Magnus #0 and/or Harbinger #0 to come in the mail, but at the same time, we don’t want to cut out the coupons. So what do we do? Buy two! I think the only coupon deal that rivaled Valiant’s at the time, was the Wizard #1/2 coupons. But Valiant’s are still highly collectible.
I know, I know, there are a lot of moments that have been left out, but these are my favorites. Harbinger #1 is a huge issue for a lot of people, but it just wasn’t my favorite series back in the day. Solar #10 is also huge, but a solid black cover didn’t thrill me much. Plus, I didn’t get it when it first came out and then I couldn’t afford it after it got hot. I could almost make a Top 100 list, but I’m not Wizard Magazine (thankfully, because they don’t exist anymore…lol).
Well, thanks for reading my favorites, and feel free to give me your favorite moments! And remember, if you’re going to read something, read Something Valiant.