BOOM! Studios Unveils Its First ’10 Years’ Covers
BOOM! Studios Unveils Its First ’10 Years’ Covers to Kick Off a Yearlong Celebration
December 18, 2014 (Los Angeles, Calif.) – Award-winning publisher BOOM! Studios is excited to unveil the first four covers to launch its yearlong celebration in 2015 marking 10 years of publishing comics.
Designed by BOOM! Studios Production Design Manager Scott Newman, each wraparound cover features an exclusive image illustrated by a dedicated artist or artist team—one assigned per imprint (BOOM! Studios, KaBOOM!, Archaia, and BOOM! Box), and per quarter. The cover design also features a short biography of each artist and their signature.
For the first quarter of 2015 (January-March), the artists are:
- All launching BOOM! Studios titles: Trevor Hairsine (Captain America, Eternal Warrior)
- All launching KaBOOM! titles: Joe Quinones (Harley Quinn, Big Trouble in Little China)
- All launching Archaia titles: Ramón K. Pérez (Amazing Spider-Man, Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand)
- All launching BOOM! Box titles: Shelli Paroline & Braden Lamb (Adventure Time, The Midas Flesh)
In January, new launching titles to receive the 10 Years cover treatment include:
- Burning Fields #1 (BOOM! Studios)
- Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift #1 (KaBOOM!)
- Feathers #1 (Archaia)
- Munchkin #1 (BOOM! Box)
“With 2015 marking 10 years of publishing comics, we wanted to share our excitement with retailers and fans by creating these special covers,” said BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon. “We’ve enlisted some of the best cover artists in comics to help convey what a special milestone this is for us. We’re kicking things off with Trevor, Joe, Ramón, and Shelli & Braden. And this is just the beginning! We’ll be announcing some more surprises to help us celebrate our 10th year!”
Retailers will be able to qualify for these incentive covers based on their orders for the main cover of each title. Fans should check with their local retailer on the availability of these special commemorative covers. Not sure where to find your nearest comic retailer? Use comicshoplocator.com or findacomicshop.com to find one!