Welcome back to another installment of Something Valiant (plus, it’s a Facebook group, go join!). Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback about last weeks article on Fred Van Lente. He thought it was “cool”, too.
Did anyone get the hint for this weeks article? The hint was: “No, it’s not a sandwich, it’s a comic book!” I know it was kind of obscure, but, hey, Valiant fans are the smartest fans around, right? The “sandwich” reference referred to Rai (Get it? Rye! Ha, Ha…Okay, why is nobody else laughing but me? Maybe it’s because I’m the only one in the room at the moment. Oh wait, my wife’s here. Why aren’t you laughing, honey? It’s not funny. Are you kidding me? Oh well. Moving on…). That narrows it down to a few peeps, but this weeks focus in on…(drum roll)…artist extraordinaire, Clayton Crain! Mr. Crain does amazing work on the comic book series, Rai! He recently shared with me his Top 5 Valiant moments so far and now I’m sharing them with you.
Here they are:
- Creating the Armor Hunters.
- The “Conan Feel” of the Eternal Warrior Cover #1.
- I really enjoyed the digital video that Valiant created for the launch of Rai #1.
- I had a great time creating the 3-D cover for Unity #1.
- Working on Rai has been very pleasant – the script is very open for artistic creativity and the landscapes are always changing so its easier to stay fresh and get excited about my work.
And there you have it, straight from Clayton Crain himself. If you get a chance, leave some feedback at the bottom of this page, I’m sure Mr. Crain will see ’em!
So how about a hint for next weeks article? (My wife’s asleep now, so I’ll answer). Sure! That would be great! Okay, here’s the hint: He’s a man of the “peeples.” Be sure to check out our previous Something Valiant articles with Bob Hall and Fred Van Lente.
Remember, if you’re going to read something, read Something Valiant. See ya next time (well, I can’t really see you, but you know what I mean).