Support CORPUS, A New Comics Anthology About Living With Illness, on Kickstarter!
CORPUS: A Comic Anthology of Bodily Ailments is a new anthology of original comics that addresses illness, both mental and physical, and healthcare in all forms. Now live on Kickstarter, it aims to highlight both individual perspectives and the universality of getting sick. Topics covered include chronic illness and mental health, as well as short term experiences with illness or injury.
Creator and editor of the anthology, Nadia Shammas, said she was excited about shining a light on the experience of living with illness. “In today’s political climate individuals living with chronic illness are often spoken about as a burden on society and as a result are dehumanized. Through CORPUS we hope to re-humanize the voices of the sick, not only by giving them a platform to share their stories, but by also acknowledging and exploring the multitude of ways illness can enter our lives.”
“As a type one diabetic this topic is extremely close to my heart and one I believe will resonate with readers. After all, whether it be an allergy, a cold or a chronic disease, we’ve all been sick at some point”.
And to help share this important message, the anthology has a diverse team of established and upcoming comics talent contributing 40 stories with over 200 pages of content. This roster includes writer Eliot Rahal (Cult Classic, Ninjak vs The Valiant Universe).
“It’s an honor to be a part of this project. The CORPUS anthology is an opportunity to do some serious meaningful work. To be a part of something impactful. Nadia’s vision and leadership is exciting. She’s living proof that comics can save the world. This is what creators live for.”
See the full list of creators below:
- Christopher Sebela (Heartthrob) / Haley Boros (They Have Issues)
- Ryan Cady (Magdalena) / Phillip Sevy (Tomb Raider)
- Ram V (Paradiso) / Caspar Wjingaard (Angelic)
- Alex Paknadel (Arcadia & Turncoat)
- Vita Ayala (The Wilds) / David Stoll
- Ryan King (Nico’s Fortune) / Alabaster Pizzo (Ralphie And Jeanie)
- Kendall Atkins / Page Firby
- Matthew Erman (Long Lost) / Renee Kliewer
- Elaine Will (Look Straight Ahead)
- Tini Howard (Assassinistas) / Caroline Stuart
- Alejandro Aragon (Cult Classic: Sludge)
- Christof Bogacs (Citizan) / Kaska Gazdowna
- Ann Uland
- Ben Khan (Heavenly Blue) / Lilly Taing
- John Robinson IV / Danos Philopoulos
- Akeem Roberts (Life After Grad)
- Cathy Leamy (Geraniums and Bacon) / Judy Leamy
- Jim Gibbons (Mars: A Space Barbarian) / Melody Often (Trinadot)
- Erica Schultz (M3) / Kevin Maher (27: A Rock Anthology)
- Cody Sousa (Croak) / Ben D’Amico
- Brian Level (Lazarus)
- Cameron DeOrdio (Josie and the Pussycats) / Eli Neugeboren
- Mady G (Invader Zim)
- Shing Yin Khor (The American Dream)
- Querelle P / Dante Luiz
- Ian Mondrick (Curio) / Elodie Chen (Wayward Sisters)
- Kevin Schaefer / Andrew Herman / Mike Rosenzweig
- Hal Matthews (Nikki She-Ra) / Olivia Mercurio (The Answering Rock)
- Holly Aitchison / Morgan Perry
- Fred Kennedy (Crude) / Soo Lee (Mine: A Planned Parenthood Anthology)
- Ryan Estrada (Banned Book Club)
- Eliot Rahal (Cult Classic) / Sean Andrew Lynch
- Stephanie Cannon (Bandera) / Emily Pearson (The Wilds)
- Mark Bouchard (H.o.M.C.) / Stelladia VS
- Pat Shand (Destiny, NY) / Ryan Best
- Mister Loki (Until The Last Dog Dies)
- Vicky Leta
- Rebecca Farrow (Ladycastle)
The Kickstarter campaign includes a number of tiers and rewards to backers, including digital and physical copies of the book as well as an enamel pin, postcards, and a limited number of commissions from artists involved with the project.
CORPUS: A Comic Anthology of Bodily Ailments is live on Kickstarter until Sunday, March 4th.